The Accessible Information Standard aims to ensure that patients (or their carers) who have a disability or sensory loss receive information they can access and understand. For example in large print, braile or via email.
As part of the Accessible Information Standard we must:
- Identify patients who may have an additional communication need.
- Record the patient's need in our clinical GP system.
- Flag the patient's record to assure additional communication needs are obvious to practice staff.
- Share this information with other care givers such as social care.
- Act to ensure our staff can effectively communicate with patients who may have additional communication needs.
If you feel this applies to you, or someone you care for please let us know by telephoning us or completing the form below and returning it to the surgery.
Easy Read LeafletAccessible Information Patient Form